Senator Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege on Tuesday June 11, emerged the Deputy Senate President of the 9th National Assembly. He was declared the winner after polling 68 votes.
Here are 9 things you need to know about the new Deputy Senate President:
• Senator Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege is a Nigerian lawyer and politician.
• He is currently representing the Delta State central senatorial district.
Omo-Agege is from Orogun in Ughelli North local Government of Delta State.
• He was born on the 3 August 1963 (age 55 years).
• He was elected as senator representing Delta central senatorial district on March 28, 2015.
• He was the only senator elected on the platform of the Labour Party (LP) in the Senate.
• Omo-Agege is married and he has five children.
• He defected from Labour Party to the All Progressive Congress (APC) in March 2017.
• Senator Ovie Omo-Agege was accused of leading thugs to steal the mace in the senate assembly – a symbol of authority April 2018.
Got a news tip?
If you have a story for our news team or a firsthand information or pictures about a news story to pass to us, email us at email@example.com
A media personality, studied at the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT). A Journalist in the making!
If you’d like to get in touch with me, feel free to say hello through any of my social links below.