Senator Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege on Tuesday June 11, emerged the Deputy Senate President of the 9th National Assembly. He was declared the winner after polling 68 votes.
Here are 9 things you need to know about the new Deputy Senate President:
• Senator Obarisi Ovie Omo-Agege is a Nigerian lawyer and politician.
• He is currently representing the Delta State central senatorial district.
Omo-Agege is from Orogun in Ughelli North local Government of Delta State.
• He was born on the 3 August 1963 (age 55 years).
• He was elected as senator representing Delta central senatorial district on March 28, 2015.
• He was the only senator elected on the platform of the Labour Party (LP) in the Senate.
• Omo-Agege is married and he has five children.
• He defected from Labour Party to the All Progressive Congress (APC) in March 2017.
• Senator Ovie Omo-Agege was accused of leading thugs to steal the mace in the senate assembly – a symbol of authority April 2018.
Soldiers invades Nnamdi Kanu’s home
Got a news tip?
If you have a story for our news team or firsthand information, pictures about a news story to pass to us, send it via WhatsApp +2348077609539 or email us at email@example.com
To report a correction or typo, delete a post or for republishing rights, call or WhatsApp us +2348077609539. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Founder/editor-in-chief – ASB News. If you’d like to get in touch with me, feel free to follow any of my social links below.